Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sure am glad to be alive!!!!!

Go down

Sure am glad to be alive!!!!! Empty Sure am glad to be alive!!!!!

Post by scottb Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Answering yet another Emergency!!!
I was supposed to fly to Kentucky on the corprate plane to repair a communication problem.
We just took off and our pilot became instantly ill, throwing up all over and the autopilot was not on yet.
We bounced around a bit nothing life threataning and he did land the plane with everything covered in vomit including myself.
He is OK just flu but WOW!!!!
I am now driving from Minnesota to Kentucky. I just got to my motel and have another 7 hours to drive tomorrow including going thru St. Louis. Yea!!!
I do not have my pilots licsense yet and could have landed the plane myself but I will admit it is the most scared I have been in my life!!!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Sure am glad to be alive!!!!! Empty Re: Sure am glad to be alive!!!!!

Post by vitanola Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:35 pm

YIKES!

What a harrowing experience!

I once went down, dead-stick, after a camshaft broke in an OX5 engine.

Nothing like the adrenaline rush, at that moment when you think that you've bought the farm, bt I never wish to experience such a thing again. how about you, Scott?

vitanola

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tube42 Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:03 am

Wow!

Scary stuff
tube42
tube42
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Vintanola,
Dead stick only 1 chance glad you are still here to give advice as I have noticed reading thru threads you are very knowlegable. I am working on getting my certification and hope to solo soon!!!!
I have been on the road a lot for emergencies which is not the norm!!!
I am getting very back logged on projects because of it.
I am now in Kentucky and it is a very nice state, lots of nice houses, white fences, etc. Never drove over the Ohio river before so it was a fun drive.
Being from Minnesota, I am probably the only person here with the air on now. 70degrees and humid!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:18 am

While not as serious as the posted experiences above, I remember one that was a tad spooky.

I went flying with a friend in a Cessna 172. As we were taking off, we were well above the trees and just flying over the end of the runway when a gust of wind hit us from the front. When the gust hit, the plane lifted slightly, then actually stood still in the air for about 5 seconds before the plane continued flying normally. I was assured that it does happen.

It was a strange feeling though. Very Happy
ve1arn
ve1arn

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum