Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Husband's collection

2 posters

Go down

Husband's collection Empty Husband's collection

Post by Hoople Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:27 am

Hello everybody,

My late husband was an electrical engineer and loved to purchase and work on tube radios, TVs and stereo equipment. I don't know what to do with the collection. Not sure how many really special pieces he has, but he did keep some wrapped up, so they must be his favorites. Does anybody have ideas on how to proceed? If I post pictures, can you tell me what they are and where to sell them? I'm on Long Island, NY. My preference would be to sell the collection to somebody, if anybody lives nearby. The real problem is a few are disassembled, because he was working on them. He has a beautiful Predicta TV that worked, but in moving it downstairs, the white front knob came off and I didn't notice. I'll have to look through the garbage pale down there to see if I swept it up and am hoping I didn't throw it away. Well, enough of that, hoping for guidance.

Thank you very much,
Hoople

Hoople

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-09-10

OldRestorer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Husband's collection Empty Re: Husband's collection

Post by OldRestorer Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:50 pm

I am on Long Island and have purchased a few estates in the past. If i cant buy I can at least offer tips and maybe put the radios back together for you.
Kirk

OldRestorer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-09-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum