Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P)

3 posters

Go down

Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P) Empty Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P)

Post by 1920sRadioFan Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:32 am

Hello All,
I am currently trying to find out where I can get original or new fused plugs utilizing the Edison type fuse base such as the ones Zenith used on the end of the braided cloth power cords used on early Zenith AC Electric radio receivers (late 1920s era). Zenith used these on the cords of the  power packs with model numbers such as ZE-10, ZE-11, and ZE-12. (I know the ZE-10 Power Pack, which was used with the 1928 Zenith 33X radio set, the ZE-11 was included in the 1928 35P highboy console, and I know the ZE-12 was used in the 1929 Zenith 39A console?

First, I would like to know where I can find these types of fused plugs (new or used), and if they had a special name, what were they called? How many amperes were the fuses in the plugs rated for? About how much would it cost to buy these plugs (new or used today), and does anybody have any suggested search terms I could use online to try to find them?
-Thank You

1920sRadioFan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-09-03

Back to top Go down

Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P) Empty Re: Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P)

Post by Chas Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:38 am

I have dozens of the Edison screwbase adapters, they have the bi-pin socket molded in. Most used. Many are of the "mud" composition, few are Bakelite. Many different manufacturers.

Would you like them all?

I do not have a vintage home so I will never, ever use them. I will eventually smash them and salvage the brass.

Pay only shipping. from 02748.

Chas
Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-07-24

1920sRadioFan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P) Empty Re: Where to find Edison-Base Fuse Electrical Plugs for late 20's AC Zenith Radio Sets (e.g.Zenith Model 35P)

Post by frankb Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:32 pm

If we are talking about the glass screw in cased fuses that screw into a standard light socket, I have a large box of them somewhere in storage. They started from 1A to 30A ratings from what I can remember.

frankb

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum