Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Montana

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Montana Empty Hello from Montana

Post by Signal_Jocky Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Hello all,

I have just joined this forum and will be enjoying the information posted here for restoration of
Magnavox and Philco equipment.

I have just been "blessed" with a 1956 Magnavox radio-phonograph to rebuild. It has the CR722ED Tuner-Preamp and
the Amp148CB amplifier. I was able to acquire a Sams Photofact for the tuner but a schematic of the amp is proving to be scarce.
Any advice on problems to watch out for during the rebuild would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
Tom

Signal_Jocky

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-08-06

Back to top Go down

Hello from Montana Empty Re: Hello from Montana

Post by AJ2X Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Welcome to the wide, wild, world of "antique radio"!

It can indeed be a challenge sometimes to find schematics or service info for particular units. SAMS and Rider's were the most common sources from about 1930 to 1970-ish, but there were always gaps, which became more and more common after the mid-'50s. The internet has helped a lot in making available service data for more obscure brands and Asian-made products, but it's not all in one place.

You might also want to try the forums at the Antique Radio site -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lots of help and experience on tap there, plus pages about local clubs, resources for parts and other sometimes-useful stuff.

The skill sets are enough different, that lots of folks specialize in radios, or audio amps, or phonographs, or cabinets. A few polymaths can do them all, or at least attempt it. Do you have experience with any radio restoration, so that you're looking for overall guidance/advice, or is it experience with this particular radio-phono that you need?

AJ2X

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2018-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Signal_Jocky Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the reply. I was able to secure a schematic of the amplifier from the "TheSchematicMan.com" which will be a great help.
I do have a background in vacuum tube electronics and have refurbished several Philco, Magnavox, and Fisher units.
This is the first Magnavox that I will do that has a parallel 6V6 arrangement so I may be needing some guidance as work goes on.
I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks,
Tom

Signal_Jocky

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: