Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight tube tester

Go down

Knight tube tester Empty Knight tube tester

Post by minerwelder Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:48 pm

I just picked up a Knight tube tester, after looking on the net for hours found old Knight catalog pictures the 1956 had Knight in a different script but had the 14 voltage choose like mine the 1958 catalog had the same script as mine but 16 voltage chooses so I'm thinking mine is a 1957, Its working but resistors are out of spec and cap is a wax paper I just got my Mouser order with the parts, so now the work begins. ? the anode lead is to small to go on 6F5G or a 6K7G is there an alligator clip our a different push on cap I can get. Kevin
minerwelder
minerwelder

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-04-06

Back to top Go down

Knight tube tester Empty Re: Knight tube tester

Post by Dale H. Cook Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:42 am

minerwelder wrote:the anode lead is to small to go on 6F5G or a 6K7G is there an alligator clip our a different push on cap I can get.
Top caps came in two diameters - 1/4" and 3/8". The connectors are called "grid caps" although some power tubes used them as anode caps. If yours is too small it must be a 1/4" grid cap. Some testers had a pin jack and two leads, one with each size of grid cap.
Dale H. Cook
Dale H. Cook

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum