Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RA-O-LA Battery Radio

Go down

RA-O-LA Battery Radio Empty RA-O-LA Battery Radio

Post by GetSirius Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Has anyone heard of RA-O-LA? The cabinet has a maker on it, Blandin Radio Cabinets, Racine, Wisconsin (USA).

Just received this radio from a generous person who found it in a basement and repaired it. They say it is now in working order. I have not tested it yet, need to set up a power supply. I can not any find information on this radio. I find images of similar radios, in the same or similar cabinets but not exactly this. I don't need technical info, just can not find anything RA-O-LA.

I snapped a couple of photos.  Is RA-O-LA a brand or is this a home brew with a fancy cabinet?

Thank you for reading my first post!

RA-O-LA Battery Radio Ra-0-l10

Last edited by GetSirius on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Description)

GetSirius

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-02-07

Back to top Go down

RA-O-LA Battery Radio Empty Re: RA-O-LA Battery Radio

Post by AJ2X Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Almost certainly not homebrew, with that engraved hard rubber front panel. But there were a LOT of tiny makers of radios in the 3-dialer period and they came and went pretty quickly sometimes. The detector and audio subchassis looks like a purchased item which may have a maker's name or number on it. Ditto the tuning capacitors, knobs, and tube sockets. Almost certainly none of them will be the maker/assembler of the whole radio, though. If you search through some of the radio hobbyist magazines of the late '20s (try worldradiohistory.com) you might find an ad or a mention of this model. Good luck!

AJ2X

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale H. Cook Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:10 pm

What Mark said - although I do not find that brand in Alan Douglas or the Rider index , it is likely either a small and obscure brand or perhaps a kit.
Dale H. Cook
Dale H. Cook

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum