Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member intro

Go down

New member intro Empty New member intro

Post by rlfradio Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:01 am

Good day to all here on this wonderful forum. I joined this forum in Jan 2020 for the expressed purpose of the knowledge of the members here. I became involved in this radio restoration hobby by my brother who restores vacuum tube radios in Oct, 2017. He is very! knowledgeable in this hobby. My electrical back ground is essentially automotive and residential house wiring. I am seriously "challenged" when it comes to functions of electrical components and circuits in tube radios. I am though pretty good as a parts re-placer. But with the help of great forums like this my learning experience is moving forward. To date I have successfully restored eight pieces of test gear, built a variac with isolation transformer and restored 20 radios. The newest radio is a Zenith X334 and the oldest radio is an Atwater Kent 67C battery radio.
With that intro I have a question for the administrators here. I have a three tube radio I have been working on to get operational for about six months. My research on this radio says it is a home brew radio made possibly in the 1930's. The actual date is unknown of course. I would like to post information and questions about this radio. Should this be posted in the home brew forum or in the electrical restoration forum?
Thank you and have a great day!

rlfradio

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-01-28

Back to top Go down

New member intro Empty Re: New member intro

Post by jukeboxman Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:48 pm

under the circumstances i think you could post in both and see if you can get some answers--welcome to TRF

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Spivey Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Welcome to TRF. Sounds like to me your off to a good start with what you have done so far. It would help if you could post a pic or two of the radio your discussing so the members here can help you better.

Spivey

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:43 am

If its homebrew and from the 30s look at these Hugo Gernsback books. He put out these homebrew type small books that may have that radio in it. I have a few original myself and I have PDFs. You might find info you need in them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

willy3486

Number of posts : 1391
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum