Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading

Go down

Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading Empty Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading

Post by acbaker123 on Sun May 03, 2020 12:53 pm

on my tc-154 it will show the grid leakage reading and that seems to work fine but when i switch to emission the needle doesn't even move, it just recently did this. any ideas?. it is in rough shape co maybe a connection is loose.

acbaker123

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2020-04-08

Back to top Go down

Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading Empty Re: Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading

Post by Dale H. Cook on Wed May 06, 2020 5:09 pm

For those symptoms the TC 154 service manual suggests probable causes of S1, T1, and the grid leakage PB switch contacts. It suggests checking the resistances of the B load switch resistors, checking the T1 windings for opens, and checking the grid leakage switch for open contacts.
Dale H. Cook
Dale H. Cook

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading Empty Re: Sencore Mighty Mite tc-154 not showing emission reading

Post by acbaker123 on Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm

i have checked everything that it says in the manual, it still is not working

acbaker123

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2020-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jthorusen on Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 am

I have a TC-109 on the bench right now.   So far, I have found two connections not soldered from the factory.   Both were partially soldered; that is, one component lead was soldered to the lug but insufficient heat was applied to flow the solder onto the other component which could be moved around in the lug.   Overall, I'm not impressed with Sencore's workmanship.... look for bad solder joints.

Regards,
jthorusen
jthorusen

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum