Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopefully my new business

Go down

Hopefully my new business Empty Hopefully my new business

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Well folks to get topics here started I thought I would post my latest project. I am getting close to retirement age,56 in October. My wife is taking early retirement after 20+ years. What our plans are is to build some type of business building. We have one if the small hobby farm types. My wife wants to do sewing and also sale farm related items like eggs and vegetables. I plan to do repairs centered around tubes and amps. I live close to Nashville so Amp repair is big and there are not many repair shops in this area. We are finishing some projects, cleaning up the land we bought from the inlaws estate and finishing setting up our fence around our property. I have been able to do more around the house with the quarantine, I am working from home as I brought some stuff home to go through. I work on computers so I have a good month of work to do. I brought some computers to salvage for parts at work.

With that said I really like working at home. I have been able to clean out and get ready for my new business, Working from home has given me 8 to 10 extra hours around the house. After this quarantine I have really been thinking about quiting at 62 1/3 and retiring. I can still work and make a little. I figure that with my SS and retirement then add the extra I will be fine. so I hope to start my side business soon.

We have everything paid off except for about 3k on my car.We also have a small nest egg. I like to have projects going so I think doing a small repair shop will be great. What we were thinking about at first was a small mini barn for our business. But now I am looking into converting the shipping container into a business building. I need to estimate the cost of the a mini barn setup over a container. Anyway I thought I would post my latest.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Hopefully my new business Empty Re: Hopefully my new business

Post by Tony V on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:23 am

It sounds like you have a good plan. I'm wishing you the best in your new venture! Keep us updated as i'm sure some of us in your region could use your expertise. Nice to see you posting again!
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum