Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your "collection"

Go down

Your "collection" Empty Your "collection"

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:29 pm

I'm out of the radio restoration bit but enjoy looking and listening to the few I have saved as special. My two "orphans" are a Scott 16A, the step child of the 800B and an Arthur Alnsley R1. You don't see many 16As and I doubt you have seen any R1s.
.Poor Arthur got in a little late to tube radios! The few others with me after downsizing are a Philco cathedral and of course a Philco hippo.
Let the group know what is "special" to you. My favorite is the R-1. Let me know if you have one!

Jerry, Just trying to bring some life to TRF.

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Your "collection" Empty Re: Your "collection"

Post by Tony V on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:41 pm

This is the radio that started me into radio collecting and restoration. I know it is considerably newer than some in everyone's collections but when i saw it, i just had to have it. I like the design. It's a Bendix 526. This is the before picture.

Your "collection" Bendix12
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:13 pm

Thanks Tony for replying. A general question trying to get some dialog going but with 50 some looks and only you responding. Not certain what it would take to bring this forum to life.

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Thanks Jerry for bringing up a good topic which i thought for sure would be a hit. I've thought about posting several lately but as you have found out like me that no matter what the topic, they fall on deaf ears. Yes, plenty of views but no one wants to participate. I've put alot of work into this forum the past several years to make it enjoyable to all. I also followed and put into action most of the advice given by everyone and still no joy. It's still a work in progress but it's really disheartening when it seems to be a waste of time in the overall picture. I'm still being hopeful but i'm at a loss.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Your "collection" Empty One of my favorite radios

Post by Dan Walker on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:49 am

I went to an estate sale and this radio was in the basement, and someone was trying to turn it on . Well it made a loud pop and some smoke was let out.
I was not sure if I wanted the challenge of fixing the radio so I did not buy it.
After I got home I thought about it and phoned in a bid of $175.00. about a half hour later I phoned again and increased my bid to $200.00.
I picked it up the next day.
It is a Deforest Crosley type 70 and is called the Buckingham. 1935
It has 11 tubes with a separate power supply that sits on the bottom of the chassis. I believe it is just below the rogers 10 -12 in quality.
It took me a while to recap the radio and get it working the way it should. Then when spring came it was first on my list to do the cabinet.
I guess I really bought the radio because I do like the Rogers and Deforest Crosley cabinets.
I find that they are always made very well along with the Marconi radio cabinets.
As you can see the cabinet came out very nice, with the original grill cloth and knobs.

For some reason I can only post three photos in one post, but here are some pictures.
I will send more in the next post
Dan IN Calgary

Your "collection" Dsc05314

Your "collection" Dsc05315

Your "collection" Dsc05316

Dan Walker

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2015-06-09

Back to top Go down

Your "collection" Empty Buckingham photos

Post by Dan Walker on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:52 am

Here are some more photos
Dan in Calgary

Your "collection" Dsc05317

Your "collection" Tammys10

Your "collection" Dsc05318

Dan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by analogdino on Sat May 09, 2020 7:02 pm

What was the smoke?!
Hope the fire is out and no damage!
Cheers,
Roger

analogdino

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Walker on Sat May 09, 2020 11:06 pm

I did not find out what the smoke was for sure.
I recapped the radio, and everything works good now.
Dan in Calgary.

Dan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum