Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed.

Go down

Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed. Empty Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed.

Post by specops56 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed.

I just started work on this Heathkit AR2 and have a bit of a mystery. This filter can is obviously not original but a newer replacement.

Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed. FY2dr6r

My problem is figuring out how new. It has no date on it. It looks very similar to the ones sold by Hayseed Hamfest but doesn’t appear to be one of theirs. Has anyone seen one like this before? Any idea how new it might be? All other caps and components in this radio appear to be virgin.

Terry
specops56
specops56

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed. Empty Re: Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed.

Post by Tony V on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:34 pm

It appears to be made within the past 10 years so it should be fine as long as the values match up to your schematic.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed. Empty Re: Heathkit AR2 filter can ID help needed.

Post by specops56 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:59 pm

Tony V wrote:It appears to be made within the past 10 years so it should be fine as long as the values match up to your schematic.

Thanks! I ran across a picture of one of the older Hayseed Hamfest can caps and it's identical. Saves me some trouble.

Terry
specops56
specops56

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum