Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's happening to TRF?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's happening to TRF? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happening to TRF?

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:00 pm

Try changing your tags, with more descriptive explanations, such as keywords for Google Hits. I have the same situation in my forum (Lack of few new posters. There is a trickle though) .
Always mention advertisers that have sold specialty products in our Field.

And list other forums topics related to us. (if you find them then post links rather than plagiarize them) such as Antiqueradios.com

Always be alert for new topics-I found one on when working on projects that keep blowing fuses, then build a reset-able Electronic fuse as a replacement. To keep from running out of fuses.
--------------------
One of the Things was I decided to make all members active so as we posted stuff once a quarter or so, in our newsletter then it was sent out to All Members as a reminder so that may help you too.
I have posted a couple of topics as publications on specific Newbie oriented stuff That do show up as a link in the news letter. Wink

If nothing else I post links for members only that may be of interest. Once in a while I give Moderators freebees such as booklets and other paraphernalia as a thanks for helping.
My forum is free from forumotion.com and I have not upgraded and it still works fine. That how Bill and I managed it to start with as Admins Here after Oldsmobile wanted to take a back seat.

I remember that Ron Ramirez set up a contest on Philcoradio.com to show our work benches, then made 3 prizes. I was surprised that won a Soldering Iron on that.
Now if you will note that I have underlined some Identifiers that google will pickup and add to their search database. And when other forums see that as a topic in searches they may in turn reciprocate (Hopefully).
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 912
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiqueradios.com Forum on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:58 am

Tony V wrote:... we have been racking our brains as to why there isn't much if anything going on here ...
Something I didn't realize before, this forum requires one to both register and then be logged in to simply see what content is available. You can't read any of the posts about the main subject of the forum otherwise. 12 of the 14 forum sections are blocked to visitors that have yet to join, which would also block search engine indexing as well. That's a big roadblock, and enough to prevent most casual visitors from participating.

Antiqueradios.com Forum

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:34 am

I just got a notice via email of a post to this topic....

I daily check TRF. Long ago I simplified access to the radio forums by fixing icons in the top row of my browsers "New Tag" button. Makes it easy to "check-in".

Certainly I would contribute and answer posts if they were here...

Strangely, I seldom generate posts. I find answers to my technical questions from my library... Just as I have before the web...

I do enjoy acting as an Elmer for folks having problems with ancient electronics. I know the topic well..

GL

Chas
Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:28 am

Antiqueradios.com Forum wrote:
Tony V wrote:... we have been racking our brains as to why there isn't much if anything going on here  ...
Something I didn't realize before, this forum requires one to both register and then be logged in to simply see what content is available. You can't read any of the posts about the main subject of the forum otherwise. 12 of the 14 forum sections are blocked to visitors that have yet to join, which would also block search engine indexing as well. That's a big roadblock, and enough to prevent most casual visitors from participating.

This has now been corrected. Thanks for your suggestion. Guest's can now see the forums and read the post's without logging in. They will still have to log in to start or reply to post's which is the norm for most sites of this nature.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Walker on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:37 am

I still can not post any more than three photos on a single post. Can anyone else post more than three photo at a time?
Dan in Calgary

Dan Walker

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2015-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Dan, I scoured the administration panel and cant find anything that relates to any limits on photo posts. I will try later to do a test post and see what i come up with and hopefully find out whats going on. I'll let you know what i find out.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Walker on Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:20 pm

I am going to try to put more four photos on..
It does not work [only three] I get a message saying ''number of simultaneous photos is exceeded''
Dan in Calgary

What's happening to TRF? - Page 2 Dsc04210

What's happening to TRF? - Page 2 Globet10

What's happening to TRF? - Page 2 Dscn0729

Dan Walker

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2015-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:33 pm

I just tried also with the same result so its not just you. The only thing i can figure is it has something to do with the servimg site that hosts the pictures for this forum for which we have no control over unfortunately. The only choice we have at this point is to do it in several posts as you have already found out. I do remember it not being that way awhile back so there must have been a change with the hosting site. I'm sorry Dan.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:16 pm

I love TRF but I have a lot going on. One thing is in the computer world things change quickly. I remember myspace, then facebook was the big thing. I think one thing is for me I love this site but life is so busy. Maybe I can try a little harder to pop in from time to time.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:27 am

Nice to see you on again Willy. I miss your posts but understand with all you got going on right now. Pop in when you can as we are glad to have you.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiqueradios.com Forum on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:54 am

If the host allows it, Admin Control Panel > Posting > Attachment Settings > Maximum number of attachments per post

Antiqueradios.com Forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 am

The picture hosting site "Servimg" is a separate entity that is used by the site from France that hosts this forum and unfortunately the administrators, moderator and founder of TRF aren't allowed to make changes to the picture settings outside of here. TRF's attachment settings are set to 30 attachments per message so we are covered there if someone had the need to and used a different picture hosting site. I know it sucks but as of right now, our hands are tied on this problem.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Heads up folks. Post now and then. Keep this site alive!

Chas
Chas
Chas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 am

With Bill Cahill (the owner and administrator) no longer in the picture, TRF's days are probably numbered at best. There's only so much the moderator and co-administrator can do to keep the site up so participate while you can. I wish i had better news to tell you but that's where we stand right now.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiqueradios.com Forum on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 am

What has happened to Bill? Is he okay?

Antiqueradios.com Forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:31 am

Is Bill sending money to maintain the site or does he have to do some sort of regular maintenance?

Does the site have to have a minimum of traffic?

Chas
Chas
Chas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Alan, the last i heard, Bill was put in a nursing home and he left no way to contact him. It has been almost two months now since i've heard from him and his phone goes to voicemail. I've called all the hospitals in his area and he isn't in any of them so that leaves the nursing homes. With the Covid-19 running rampant at his location in FL, that has to be a consideration also. I'm praying this is temporary as that has been his biggest fear of being put away. I just hope he is still with us.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Tony,

As a moderator, do you have all authority to manage the board?

Did Bill leave someone as an alternate manager?

Chas
Chas
Chas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Chas, I can do some things as a moderator and Gary (Jukeboxman) can do a few more things than I being a co-administrator but Bill is the owner/co-founder of the forum and is the only one who can make the ultimate decisions on how it operates and renew's. He didn't leave that power to anyone else as far as I know and it cant be transferred to anyone else without alot of difficulty from the host in France.
Tony V
Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:30 pm

I and Bill were co-administrators, we took that responsibility when Oldsmobile man decided to quit Admin. (FLASH *** He's still here as a member as of  today***) So we both volunteered as ADMIN.
Shortly before or after I started my own forum (don't remember its been years ago.) Anyway This forum was started with Forumotion.com. as a free forum. Then bill decided to upgrade to get more bells and whistles. I don't know if He still Pays the upgrade but it was to become his own domain. I haven't been very active as like bill I am having a few medical issues but not anywhere near as serious.
If Bill has given up for unfortunate reasons, you may Join Forumotion.com as a registered member. and get to then address to changing administrators. Mostly for Administrators of Forumotion Forums, There are a lot of members that are administrators. You can pose questions to the forum administrators as to what needs to be done to gain control.
If you can't get Bills permission then that's it. It will still be active but no Admin can take place.
I wish I could help out but I have my own active Forum to look after.
Maybe if you can contact Him hopefully, Ask Him to add you or replace you to become the owner.

If not then goto this link below to start the process (if you hold any permissions to moderate or administrate.)

https://help.forumotion.com/

https://help.forumotion.com/t81878-recovery-or-change-founder-of-an-account
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 912
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum