Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

picture tubes

Go down

picture tubes Empty picture tubes

Post by bergieb on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:00 pm

I have collected television picture tubes for decades, mostly when they have dropped in my lap. I have stopped actively collecting televisions and am going to focus on the dozens of radios that need attention. I did keep a Hallicrafters pushbutton that is pretty neat. Supposedly it is the first television that Howard Sams put in a photofact packet (September, 1948). The reason being that H. Sams thought that televisions would never catch on with the public and thus not worth pursuing. At least that's the story I've telling for the last fifty years. So what I want feedback on is whether the crt's I have been storing have any value or they need to be hauled to the recycling center. The list I've compiled so far is: a Rauland 12UP4A(circular), a Sheldon Electric 17HP4(rectangular), a Sylvania 16TP4(rectangular), a 5CP7(circular), a Sylvania 8YP4 Universal 110 degree test picture tube in box with adapters, a Sylvania 8XP4 test picture, and a RCA 5UP1 o'scope tube. I haven't tested these in a long time and won't if they are only going to the landfill(recycler). They were good when I got them. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Bergieb.

bergieb

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-08

Back to top Go down

picture tubes Empty Re: picture tubes

Post by Tony V on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:09 pm

You have some good crt's listed that can be used. Alot will depend on your location as to how easy it will be getting them to people who are interested. It would be a shame to let these hit the landfill.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Polaraligned on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 am

I would post them in the Videokarma Classifieds for free pickup. You would need to give a location.

Polaraligned

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum