Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress...

Go down

RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress... Empty RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress...

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 am

Smile Very Happy This  tv started with an unknown collector, who left a dud picture tube in it and sold it at auction to fellow collector Tim Poliniac for 15.00. He gave it to me for the cost of shipping. Chassis arrived a few days ago and cabinet last week.

It has been professionally rebuilt. Working condition is unknown. There is some rust on hv cage, replaceable, and minor rust on power transformer. Chassis is dirty. Tubes are still packed away, but tested good. I am  going to love this set. It is replacing my older 8-tr-29 project.
Wish me good luck.

Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress... Empty Re: RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress...

Post by Tony V on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Here's what one looks like.
RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress... Rca_8t10

Here's what one looks like with its optional stand which Bill has.
RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress... 77676510
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress... Empty Re: RCA Victor 8-TR-29 tv/radio. A project in progress...

Post by jukeboxman on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 pm

very nice--i'm sure you will enjoy the process of getting it all working--looks like a fun project

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 am

I have a late 40s Philco set I picked up to restore but I have thought about selling it to buy one similar to yours from the late 40s. Good find and good luck on the set. Looks like a nice one to have.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:32 am

Sad I have a lot of things going on, but, I have half of the tubes back in the set. I dropped one, and, it broke. Phooey..............

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 am

I have most of the tubes back in. Replacing missing parts, and, screws, plus, broken fine tuning knob, and, drive belt. Also put in correct dial lights in radio, and, replaced broken one. More to do before I can try it.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamakiri on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 pm

This is a picture of the set that I took just after I got home from the Convention.  Bill had mentioned to me a couple years ago that he wanted one, but I hadn't seen any come up for sale.  As soon as this showed up, I nabbed it....and for about $75 less than I tried to pay for it from the owner before the auction!

And as it turned out....the picture tube was stone dead, but the set had been completely recapped!

Edit: Won't let me post the picture for some reason.....
Kamakiri
Kamakiri

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum