Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Changes in attitude, changes in latitude."

Go down

"Changes in attitude, changes in latitude." Empty "Changes in attitude, changes in latitude."

Post by terrydec on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Sometimes I really hate computers.  Okay,  I mostly hate computers, and I hate society's dependence on them even more.  If you read some of my stories you can tell.  I don't even own a smart phone.  They scare me.

My anti-virus program updated and got rid of Firefox and installed Chrome.  Gone are my bookmarks, mail addresses, everything.  I've had to go through and repost the bookmarks I can remember.  They really should ask first.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

"Changes in attitude, changes in latitude." Empty Re: "Changes in attitude, changes in latitude."

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I know the feeling. Avast still won't let me post pictures here, and, keeps trying to update me to a paid for, stricter security system. I don't want it.... I wish I could get a link to Microsoft's security system....

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

"Changes in attitude, changes in latitude." Empty Re: "Changes in attitude, changes in latitude."

Post by mr_ed01 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:32 am

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download

mr_ed01

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Windows?

What's that?

Linux man since 2008, haven't, won't, can't look back...

Ubuntu MATE 16.04

Sure, learning curve: Firefox 63 w/Ublock & YouTube mp3 button, Libre-Office 6.1.2.1, Gimp 2.8.16, Audacity 2.1.2, Rhythmbox 3.3., Libre-CAD 2.0.9. The scanner works, the floppy drive works, R/W to USB stick. Familiar Gnome desktop.

No anti-virus, no $$ firewall, updates that don't blow up...

All on a 2002 Dell GX-280, Also on 3 other computers in the network...

Happy, happy Very Happy

Chas
Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Ah, someone who is computer literate. An open source operating system is more than I can handle. I'm lucky to use the one that came with my computer. What I've learned so far is mostly guess work.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum