Estate sale find

Go down

Estate sale find Empty Estate sale find

Post by Greg Davis on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Last week I went to an estate sale in Conroe and found something I haven't seen before.  It was a Silvertone model 4212, complete with leather carrying case and the user's manual.  Inside, it still had both batteries (the 1.5V "A" battery and the 45V "B" battery) neither of which corroded the works.  It needed some cleanup, but overall looks like it has been sitting in a closet for 60 years protected from the elements.

I don't usually buy tubers any more, but at $10, I felt compelled to add this to my collection.
Greg Davis
Greg Davis

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Estate sale find Empty Re: Estate sale find

Post by Tony V on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:35 pm

I like these little portables and when they're reasonable, i'll usually pick them up. Nice find!

Here's a picture of one like Greg just found for those who are curious.

Estate sale find 1950s-10
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:51 pm

I happen to like these vest pocket/mini tube portable radios... One can collect a lot of them, small enough to actually enjoy once one gets past the B+ on certain models (difficult to make "B" battery).

I should have bought more of them when they were around in the 60's - 70's but none the less I got my share.

They are scattered around the house, not well displayed. A quick count at least five. I did have some Motorola's but I let them go because of the "cord wood" modules. I really did not want the hassle of repairing them. Too bad to, as most of those had colorful cases and a large loop..

Two of these 50's portables are "novelty" one looks like a lunch box the other like a woman's box purse of the 50's

Chas
Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum