Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

farnsworth BT600 new volume problem

Go down

farnsworth BT600 new volume problem Empty farnsworth BT600 new volume problem

Post by knoxjr on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

Hi Guys I have a Farnsworth BT600 that I recapped replaced a shorted tube and replaced on off volume control. I thought I had it working great. The problem is that weak long distance stations can be heard for about 10-15 seconds when the radio is first turned on and the sound gets lower and lower till it cant be heard. I can turn the radio off and back on and hear the weak station for about 10-15 seconds at that time only strong local stations on the am band can be heard. I have a long wire antenna. Thanks in advance for the help.

knoxjr

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-01-31

Back to top Go down

farnsworth BT600 new volume problem Empty Re: farnsworth BT600 new volume problem

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Welcome to TRF. Sou nds like either tuner plates may be shorting out, or, look for off value resistors, or, leaky mica capacitors.
Hope this helps....

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

farnsworth BT600 new volume problem Empty plates broke off tuning cap

Post by knoxjr on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks Bill Cahill for the reply your suggestion of tuner plates shorted out reminded me that when I first started working on this radio that one section of the three gang tuning cap plates hit together and two or three plates broke off. I wasn't worried about it because the radio appeared to work ok. Could that cause this problem ? Thanks again for the help

knoxjr

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-01-31

Back to top Go down

farnsworth BT600 new volume problem Empty Re: farnsworth BT600 new volume problem

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum