Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A first find of the Zenith Kind

3 posters

Go down

A first find of the Zenith Kind Empty A first find of the Zenith Kind

Post by Resistance is Futile Fri May 01, 2009 9:12 pm

bounce
Hey guys I just went to a local secondhand store and bought a Zenith 1000 for $103. It has a bad speaker but I will look around on the web to see if I can get a NOS or close replacement. Seems to work on AM and one Shortwave band No major flaws, a small developing crack on the handle, small cosmetic issues here and there but nothing important. Someone did change some transistors, but otherwise no soldering cannons were used that I can tell. LOL
-------------
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

A first find of the Zenith Kind Empty Re: A first find of the Zenith Kind

Post by Timaaay! Fri May 01, 2009 11:38 pm

100 bucks sounds like a great deal. I like the 1000 and used to have one. I'm sorry I sold it. Do you have any pics?
I had an older TO that worked well. My father threw it out while "cleaning" the garage one day. That must have been about 25 years ago, and I still get mad thinking about it. Very Happy
My father was quite a guy. I remember when I purchased a new Butternut HF6V at a ham fest in Yonkers, NY. (I was in my late teens) I took the antenna out of the box to check it out and look at the instructions. A few weeks later, it was a nice warm day and I decided to put up the Butternut. I went to the garage, but couldn't find all the pieces to the antenna. I looked high and low with no luck. Finally I asked my father if had seen them. He assured me he hadn't.
Anyway, long story short, a few days later I foun them. He had cut them with a hack saw to use as steaks for the tomato plants in the garden! Evil or Very Mad
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm

3 years later .... did you fix it ?

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:11 am

NAW Sleep Its a dust magnet. Too many family responsibilities, and am still organizing my radio room. Embarassed
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum