Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about cabinet cleaning

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question about cabinet cleaning - Page 2 Empty Question about cabinet cleaning

Post by Ed in W. PA on Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:14 pm

I found GOjo at ACE hardware, Goop also. The bottom four inches of my cabinet is seriously worn and needs some attention. Is it possible to just sand smooth the affected area, apply stain then coat it with some kind of clear top coat like lacquer. Thanks, Ed.

Ed in W. PA

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2014-02-17

Back to top Go down

Question about cabinet cleaning - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about cabinet cleaning

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Try using 0000 steel wool with the GoJo on that area and see what happens. You can redo a small area as long as there is somewhere convenient to start the repair, like a strip of trim or whatever.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Question about cabinet cleaning - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about cabinet cleaning

Post by 75X11 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:00 pm

I finally located some goop at a W/M in a different town.  It didn't take much of anything off.  I didn't see much difference between steel wool and a cloth. I had been using orange oil cleaner polish on it and maybe that took the most dirt off'n it.  I know it has done wonders for the P-ee smell it reeked of when I first got it.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:20 pm

The cabinet may have not been very dirty. GoJo has petroleum solvents that should remove not only dirt, but furniture polish and the resulting buildup of gunk. I don't use steel wool on a good cabinet. I don't like getting too aggressive. On a cabinet with nothing to lose, steel wool is the indicated medium, in my experience. Nothing wrong with orange oil. It will not contaminate the wood like using a furniture polish with silicone will. Good luck.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum