Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Go down

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my! Empty Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Post by Gary Tayman on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Today's paper -- must be a slow news day. Front page is a news story about how unwanted reptiles seem to be migrating into Sarasota County. They have a big map showing where these critters have been spotted, either by callers or by County officials. Uh, none in my back yard as of yet but a few are within walking distance. A LOT of them have been found in celery fields, which are only a couple miles away.

Of course there is the hypothetical question about some form of migration due to man-made global warming. Global warming? I doubt it. Man-made? Yes. Apparently some people have kept them as pets, then released them into the wild, locally. Now they're taking over.

In other news . . . y'know, just once I'd love to read a headline -- "No news today."
Gary Tayman
Gary Tayman

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my! Empty Re: Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Post by mbird97x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 am

Everybody retires to the Mana-Sota area, don't they? Laughing
mbird97x
mbird97x

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my! Empty Re: Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Post by easyrider8 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 am

Ain't none of them critters up this way

Dave
easyrider8
easyrider8

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mbird97x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 am

Manatee and Sarasota counties, Florida.......It's a "local" thing
mbird97x
mbird97x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tayman on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:24 am

By the way, are you by chance going to the FAWG Meet in Orlando? It's March 7.

Usually a few of us will meet REAL early, and car pool over there. Go to the meet, pay a visit to Skycraft, then head back and look over our stash of new stuff . . .
Gary Tayman
Gary Tayman

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mbird97x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Can't seem to make those events on Saturdays as I don't get off work until 7AM..........bummer
mbird97x
mbird97x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum