Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk...........

Go down

Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk........... Empty Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk...........

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:30 pm

I got this set several years ago from John Folsom via ebay. He paid 10.00 for it, and, due to the cabinet, decided it was too big a project for him. So, I bought it from him for 25,00. Still a good deal... Delivery was free.. I couldn't lose.....
The bad news is the following:
Most of the outside is very alligatored, and, outside of doors has a lot of finish fallen off. Top will need a veneer patch. There is rust, but, not horrible. TV power suppy fired up on a variac, but, tv was dead. AM RADIO played. Record changer is rusty, but, runs. Cartridge is trashed.
The good news is it's rebuildable....
Picture tube is somewhat weak, but, should show a watchable picture...
I won't be doing this set for sometime, but, today, my friendly cleaning friend helped moving things around, and, Dumont is now where I can get to it, right in plain sight......
I look forward to the day I will be seeing this rare 1947 beauty playing again.......

This set has it's original owner's manual, schematic, and, sales brochure.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk........... Empty Re: Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk...........

Post by 75X11 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Someone must've made quite an investment on such a unit in 1947. A leap of faith considering the amount of programming available at the time.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk........... Empty Re: Dumont RA 103C combination Tisk, Tisk...........

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Sounds like an interesting project. I'll follow if you'll lead. Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks. I'll make an announcement when I'm ready to begin. Won't be awhile, though. I have other projects to finnish, such as my family tv.
Right now, I have three strikes agin me, including a severe sinus infection. Oh, boy........... Sad

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum