Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason"

Go down

Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason" Empty Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason"

Post by Wildcat445 Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:40 am

ON tonight's episode of "Perry Mason" on METV, "The Case of Mr. Turn-A-Bout", Hugh O'Brien played Bruce Jason, a guest attorney on the show. Werner Klemperer, most famous for playing Colonel Klink on "Hogan's Heroes" played Olreg Zenus, a semi-bad guy and one of the plot principals. In one of the scenes with Lisa Gay, there was a Concert Grand in Bruce Jason's office. It appeared to be a 1ST801F in the Moderne Danish cabinet, and also appeared to be a 1959-60 model per the knobs on the front. The sliding doors over the tuner were to one side so the dial was visible. On Wednesday evening, Betty Davis played an attorney and drove a '63 Buick Invicta wagon on the show. Both of these episodes were dated 1963.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason" Empty Re: Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason"

Post by 75X11 Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:10 pm

There is always much more to see on MEtv than just the immediate episode of a program shown. That is what makes it such a pleasure to watch. Werner Klemperer had a musical background that his dramatic career gave little clue to.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0459252/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason" Empty Re: Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason"

Post by Wildcat445 Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:40 pm

I enjoy METV.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:11 am

Personally, I like Antenna tv better. Me tv got rid of some shows I liked a lot, including Wagon train, The Honeymooners, and, Twilight Zone. They also put wonder woman on, and, moved Lost in space to midnight, when I'm already in bed. I suppose they now also got rid of Petticoat Junction...

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 am

I saw the Perry Mason episode WC and immediately thought of you. Very Happy
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:31 am

I'm surprised that with all the high toney houses on Perry Mason that they don't use the Concert Grand prop more often. Wonder what happened to it when the show ended? Betty Davis got her '63 Buick wagon "borrowed" on the show and was not the least bit concerned. There is an early RCA color TV on that show frequently, but this is the first time I've noticed the CG.

I like Antenna TV and also Movies! channel. All the good John Wayne movies are on when I'm at work, usually. Cox cable has added METV, Antenna TV and MOVIES! to cable now. I like to watch that stuff on my antenna setup for some reason.

75, I vaguely remembered that Werner Klemperer was into conducting, but I did not know he was a military veteran. Did you know that Johann (John) Banner, who played Sargent Schultz, died on his 63rd birthday? January 28, 1910 to January 28, 1973. I did not know that.

Thanks for thinking of me, Tony.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Conelrad Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:08 pm

COZI-TV is another retro one to watch.

39-3 in the Phx metro.

DDG

Conelrad

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 pm

You must be closer to South Mountain than I am. I can't get that on antenna for some reason. COZI-TV is on at work occasionally. Wonder what station that is on Cox cable?

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Conelrad Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm some 15 mi. South of Maricopa.

Comes in on a cheap steerable Winegard dipole.

DG

Conelrad

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:45 pm

My converter box may need re-programmed. Or maybe I should break down and buy a new TV. I hate to get rid of a perfectly good CRT TV set.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:45 pm

WC, if you want to see something different, watch the movie "The Fallen Sparrow"  with John Garfield.  That was made in 1943, and John Banner is in the cast.  See what he really would've looked like when Sgt. Schultz was stationed at Stalag 17.

Magnavox Concert Grand on "Perry Mason" Thefal11
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 pm

He was a handsome cuss in 1943.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:42 am

I seen a Magnavox on the Danny Thomas Make Room for Daddy show. Not shure if it's a Concert Grand.

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum