Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marty Robbins

Go down

Marty Robbins Empty Marty Robbins

Post by Wildcat445 Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:18 pm

I have his album from 1969 "It's A Sin" on CD.  I have been goofing off all day, so I have been playing CD's on my Magnavox stereo.  This is a pretty good album of Marty Robbins "belly rubbers."  He sort of specialized in this type of song.  "Till The Right One Comes Along", "You Gave Me A Mountain"  "We're Not In Love (But We're Getting Mighty Close)" and "It's A Sin" are some of the featured tracks.  On Columbia, of course, in "360 Stereo", this particular album was in nice condition, so it sounds pretty good still.  Marty Robbins was a pretty fair piano player in his own right.  More famous for his guitar playing, this album features Marty playing piano.  Billy Walker plays guitar on this album for the most part.  Marty Robbins wrote most of the songs on here as well.  They don't make them like this anymore.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Marty Robbins Empty Re: Marty Robbins

Post by Wildcat445 Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

On that same CD is "RFD" from 1964. This is a collection of ballads, but with a twist. It features a steel guitar, something not usually found on a Marty Robbins album. The steel player sounds a lot like Little Roy Wiggins, but I won't swear that's who it is. Roy Wiggins pretty much lost his gig with Eddy Arnold with the introduction of "The Nashville Sound" so it is possible.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum