Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade radio stand

Go down

Homemade radio stand Empty Homemade radio stand

Post by willy3486 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 pm

I made this stand about 20 years ago and I have finally finished it. I based it on one I saw in a 40s repair manual. It was in there to buy. Its so simple I made one. It works good on the chassis.  What I did was to take some scrap 1/2 wide metal and bend it to the "S" shape. I have 3 sets,I use whatever is needed to get the width. I also made the top clips that hold the top of the chassis. Then there are bolts. The pieces with the thumb screws  are locks for windows that was on clearance.

Homemade radio stand HPIM8794_zpsb76a9e75

What you do is to get a set of the arms and run a top clip in the bolt to the bottom bracket .Once there are two on a end you can put the window lock on the bottom of the two brackets. I tried it on this chassis so hopefully you can see how it works.

Homemade radio stand HPIM8795_zpsc375ae94

This looks like it will work good on a smaller chassis. I don't remember where I saw it but it is in some of my books.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Homemade radio stand Empty Re: Homemade radio stand

Post by Ragwire on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 am

That is a great problem solver. I am putting this on my to do list...thanks for the idea!
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum