Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote control question

Go down

Remote control question Empty Remote control question

Post by Timaaay! on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:29 am

Hi all. I have a question that I hope some one may know the answer to. When a conductive rubber contact, like the button of a TV remote, no longer works because the conductive graphite substance has worn off, I've used conductive glue made for this in the past with great results. I bought a tube a few years back. It's very expensive and I can't find it locally. Someone has told me that you can simply apply a drop of Crazy Glue and sprinkle some graphite ( the kind used for locks) and it works just as well.
Does any one know if this is true? Have any of you ever tried this? or any other ideas?
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Remote control question Empty Re: Remote control question

Post by exray on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:47 am

I tried something like that with mixed results. My victim was a SONY shortwave radio. I scraped off some pad material from a junk TV remote and made a slurry with acetone, (I think it was).
It did actually adhere pretty well and I was able to get a couple of dead buttons working...but not all of them.
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ErikD on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:27 am

What about trying a rear window defogger repair kit? This is a type of conductive paint.

ErikD

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum