Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oscilloscope Survey

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oscilloscope Survey - Page 3 Empty Re: Oscilloscope Survey

Post by Chas on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

jukeboxman wrote:i have 2 but have never found the nerve to try to understand how to use them--what probe for what and so forth-perhaps this winter
You might want to pickup an older generic 'scope handbook. There are many such measurements outside of looking at TV wave forms that are useful. One such measurement I occasionally make is using the scope to see the power transformer spike in a vibrator supply and tweaking the buffer capacitor for best performance.

Chas
Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeboxman on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:55 pm

thank you Chas i will look into that

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Spivey on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:27 pm

I just picked up a Sencore SC3100 100meg scope. I really like it but the Sencore probe that came with it doesn't work so I am looking for Sencore probe 39G292. Anyone have at least one. This is a low capacitance 10X probe. If you have a Sencore 39G294 from a SC3080 will work as well. Any suggestions, Let me know. Thanks

Spivey

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Polaraligned on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:23 pm

Just get any decent quality low capacitance scope probe. Adjust the compensation capacitor in the probe to get the cleanest square wave you can get.

Polaraligned

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by analogdino on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 pm

I do more audio amplifier design/build/restore than radio work, so use a 'scope here a lot.
I've had a few nice Teks over the years, but sold them all as too big for the workbench.  My daily driver is now a cheap RAMSEY BS-625.  But I rarely use the 'scope on radios as waveforms mean little and analog instruments are easier to use, e.g. a VTVM.  One exception is checks on B+ hum.  Another would-be exception is FM discriminator and Ratio Detector alignment... I would use one here, but don't a I don't have a sweep generator for the X deflection!  My "work around" is to use a very stable signal generator (digital readout) from about 10.6 to 10.8 MHz and "iterate" the final IFT core settings so as to plot a good "S-curve"... IMHO, you have to develop a knack to do this!
Just remembered another 'scope use in radios... I made up a diode probe to chase RF, but I hardly ever use it.  
Cheers,
Roger

analogdino

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: