Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock ola max2

Go down

Rock ola max2 Empty Rock ola max2

Post by farmmersist on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 am

I am trying to trouble shoot a model 481 the lights come on but the speakers make a very loud humming noise. It use to work but now it doesn't it just makes a very loud hum can anyone help?

farmmersist

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Rock ola max2 Empty Re: Rock ola max2

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:36 pm

Welcome to TRF! The first thought that comes to mind would be the filter capacitors in the amplifier are leaky, making the hum.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by farmmersist on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:28 pm

And how would I go about fixing that problem and can I by pass the amplifier? or incorporate a newer one

farmmersist

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Z5 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:41 pm

If you aren't versed in electronics repair, I suggest you find someone who specializes in these, a jukebox is a fairly complicate piece of electronic and mechanical equipment... At the least you'll need a service manual for it, can likely be found on-line by searching the model number...
35Z5
35Z5

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:44 pm

You cannot by-pass the amplifier. That's the part that gives it sound. I might respectfully suggest that you need to acquire some basic electronic knowledge before you attempt to repair anything this complex. We can talk you thru the repair, but you need to be able to perform basic tasks. What is your level of electronic repair knowledge?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 pm

I repaired one of these about a year ago that was doing the same thing. I had to replace the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and amplifier, and replace a fuse in the power supply.
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:42 am

Welcome to TRF. You can't really bypass the amplifier because it aloso has circuitry that operates the solonoids, etc..., for the changer mechanism.... I highly recommend repairing what you have there...
As stated, you have a fairly complicated machine there, and, you will need a manual for it, and, a certain amount of basic electronics knowledge. This can be had, and, we are willing to help you on how to obtain this knowledge......
I'd put it aside for now until you've honed in your skills in soldering, schematic reading, etc...... How much knowledge do you presently have, and, what tools do you presently own??

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum