Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tube Jukebox mp3 mod?

4 posters

Go down

Tube Jukebox mp3 mod? Empty Tube Jukebox mp3 mod?

Post by Vincenzo Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:01 am

Hi all,
i recently acquired a Seeburg 147S trashcan, my first.  Has anyone connected an mp3 player to one?  If so how do you go about it?  I'm new to this so please don't slap me around too hard  Sad .
Right now I am in the process of recapping the amp, but I did get her to play through an external amp.

Thanks

Vincenzo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Tube Jukebox mp3 mod? Empty Re: Tube Jukebox mp3 mod?

Post by Wildcat445 Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Welcome to TRF.

A line-level input to the audio stage should get you going. Good luck.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:31 am

Welcome to the site.

Do you have a link to the schematic?

You'd want to provide a tap into the "hot" side of the volume control.

You will want to provide isolation so there is no risk of shock. This and combining stereo signal can be achieved by using two small audio transformers that are still available from Radio Shack I believe.

Maybe you have already figured something out, but you will need a way to turn on the amp without activating the record selector assembly and turntable. Some jukes just keep the chassis "lit" all the time, some only fire up the chassis when a selection is made.

Just some thoughts.
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:57 pm

I have one of the trashcan jukeboxes. Seems like there is a volume control on the right hand side looking at the back. It will have a odd cover over it with two holes. It was made like this to keep patrons from cutting it up. You had to have a key for it. In mine I unscrewed the odd cover and put a regular nut on it. It can be turned then with a screwdriver. It might take the same nut that some switches or pots use. The jukebox has a few boxes inside that all plug into it together. You can probably setup a box to hold the transformers in the back close to the volume control to keep it original.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1391
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Tube Jukebox mp3 mod? Empty Trashcan mp3 input

Post by Vincenzo Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 am

Willy,
I cut a piece of wire hanger and curved it to fit the two holes to of the volume control on the back you mentioned to be able to rotate it a while back, you can also get the key from victory glass, which I might do in the future.
The boxes you mention are the amp and solenoid units.  I don't have a remote speaker unit on my box.  But how do I go about adding an input to the amp and having it turn on without engaging the record player?  If you can outline as many steps as you can as I said i'm new to this.  thanks

Vincenzo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum