Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technologically Deprived

Go down

Technologically Deprived Empty Technologically Deprived

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:16 pm

I have trouble with technology, as does a lot of people my age.

When I was 13 or so, I decided to build a stereo as a 4-H project. I bought a Dynaco SCA-35 stereo amplifier kit, a Lafayette record changer kit, a Utah speaker kit, an AMD tuner with a Pilot 100 multiplex adapter, these last two being factory assembled. I still have this stuff except the record changer. We must remember that it was my job at home to tune in the TV and to turn the antenna. Running the record player was also my job. Grandpa just could not make that old RCA tv work at all. Grandpa asked why I needed to listen to music with two speakers, when he had gotten along just fine with one. I asked grandpa how such a technologically deprived individual such as he deserved a technologically advanced kid like me. I am now getting my "comeuppance" for making that statement. Grandpa simply replied he had so many things he knew how to do stored in his brain that he did not have the memory left to do anything new. He was the same age when I made that statement that I am now. IT is amazing how what goes around, comes around. Wonder what will drive the cellphone generation crazy when they get old?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Technologically Deprived Empty Re: Technologically Deprived

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 am

I'm afraid to think of that. I don't have blue ray, an I phone, a cell phone, or, any such trash, and, I don't miss them. I'm out of brain space myself...

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum