Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

2 posters

Go down

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins? Empty Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Post by Wildcat445 Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:41 pm

My beloved frau got me a record at Goodwill the other day. Marty Robbins "RFD" on Columbia CS-9020, from 1964. I'm playing it on the old Magnavox console and it is pretty good stuff. Classic early Marty Robbins. She gave premium money, too. .40 cents. They were having a sale.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins? Empty Re: Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Post by willy3486 Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:51 pm

I lived in Tuscon when I was a kid around 1970. I remember him being hugely popular then and I Really liked his singing. One of my favorites.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1391
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins? Empty Re: Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Post by Wildcat445 Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I have the mono version at home. She found the stereo version, and glommed onto it. She keeps a list of stuff I am looking for with her for just such occasions. She is sometimes the best co-conspirator I could ever hope for. Now if she would just find me that Concert Grand.  Shocked 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum