Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Go down

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins? Empty Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Post by Wildcat445 Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:41 pm

My beloved frau got me a record at Goodwill the other day. Marty Robbins "RFD" on Columbia CS-9020, from 1964. I'm playing it on the old Magnavox console and it is pretty good stuff. Classic early Marty Robbins. She gave premium money, too. .40 cents. They were having a sale.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins? Empty Re: Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Post by willy3486 Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:51 pm

I lived in Tuscon when I was a kid around 1970. I remember him being hugely popular then and I Really liked his singing. One of my favorites.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1391
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Does anybody here like Marty Robbins? Empty Re: Does anybody here like Marty Robbins?

Post by Wildcat445 Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I have the mono version at home. She found the stereo version, and glommed onto it. She keeps a list of stuff I am looking for with her for just such occasions. She is sometimes the best co-conspirator I could ever hope for. Now if she would just find me that Concert Grand.  Shocked 

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum