Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond

Go down

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond Empty New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks to Kenny Richmond, more patterns of grille cloth are now available for our vintage radios!

I want to show you photos of the many patterns he is now offering along with a few comments of my own. Kenny was kind enough to send me a sampler of these patterns, so I have seen them "up close and in person" and I am very impressed with the high quality of this cloth! 👍

Let's start with what is perhaps the most popular Philco pattern, the 1935-37 chevron or "V" pattern:

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond $(KGrHqEOKowFIJwSo3-fBSDb-iCp9w~~60_57

It compares very favorably with the "V" cloth used in the 16B "Deco" tombstones, and is a great substitute for all 1935-37 Philco models using this pattern.

Next, we have a very authentic pattern used in the Philco 80 Jr. and 81 Jr. cathedrals - the "Small Herringbone Weave":

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond $T2eC16FHJIIFHJEVTiyUBSDbpiiSb!~~60_57

A perfect duplication of this cloth. Better get it while you can!

A similar pattern is the "Large Herringbone Weave" cloth used in Emersons and some other vintage radios:

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond $T2eC16VHJGQFFh0NItm4BSDbkP)c(!~~60_57

The "70/90" cloth pattern is another cloth that was used in a number of Philco models as well as some earlier Zeniths and possibly others. Kenny now has a good substitute available:

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond $(KGrHqF,!q8FHngfiL1uBSDBClzpFg~~60_57

Two diamond-type patterns are currently available. Here is one, a good generic diamond pattern which could be used an many different radios. This picture does not do the cloth justice, in reality it does look much better:

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond $T2eC16RHJH0FG02+WUkjBSDbgHW)d!~~60_57

Another excellent diamond pattern is reversible - this photo shows both sides:

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond $T2eC16d,!)QE9s3HF5H)BSC+rlL!pQ~~60_57

He also sells an excellent Zenith "block pattern" cloth for those of you who need this for your circa 1938 Brand Z consoles.

You can find this cloth on eBay here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/richmonddesignsinc/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=10&_rdc=1

or just go to Kenny's website:

http://www.richmonddesignsinc.com/grille_cloth_sales

And don't forget to thank him for all of the time and effort involved in making this cloth available again.

(P.S. I have no business interest in Richmond Designs nor do I receive any compensation from this endorsement.) Smile 
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond Empty Re: New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:40 am

Gawd, those little preview pictures make the cloth look horrible. Go to the eBay link or to Kenny's site to see what the cloth really looks like.
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond Empty Re: New Radio Grille Cloth from Kenny Richmond

Post by 75X11 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Hit the "Click to see fullsize" line. They look great then! Thanks for the news!
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:06 pm

I have been waiting on V-cloth for my Philco 116-B. Thanks for the information.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum