need tube layout for atwater kent model 46

Go down

need tube layout for atwater kent model 46 Empty need tube layout for atwater kent model 46

Post by chris_c on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:44 am

Hi, first hello all I just joined this forum and am new. I have been trying to find the tube layout for my atwater kent model 46 tube radio. I have been in the process of restoring it as much as I can to my ability, I have dont a total cosmetic makeover of the radio and speaker housings and they came out very nice. Had to install new power cord and in process of replacing speaker cord. I have it all back together now and wated to reinstall all the tube but I didnt bother marking where they went when I first dissassembled it and need help knowing which tube goes where. I tried looking online at schematics but they are no help to me as I am no good yet at reading them and it didnt seem like any of the clued you in on where the tubes went. If someone could please tell me from left to right with front of radio facing you where each tube goes, would be much appreciate:) Will also be posting pics soon of the finished product once I get the tubes installed, thx.

chris_c

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-14

Back to top Go down

need tube layout for atwater kent model 46 Empty Re: need tube layout for atwater kent model 46

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Welcome to TRF. Nostalgia Air should have the schematic. Google Nostalgia Air. There is a list for all compannies. Click on Atwater Kent. it will come up with a list of models that you select from.
I had the icon, and, lost it. I've been having computer problems.
Hope this helps.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

need tube layout for atwater kent model 46 Empty Re: need tube layout for atwater kent model 46

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 pm

In fact, here's the link to it.
JUst click on watch, or, save in computer.
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/373/M0001373.htm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:24 pm

There's a note. For the schematic, see model 43.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:04 pm

I'll take a look at mine this evening & get back to you on it.
-Dave
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:21 pm

I purchased my AK 46 from the estate of a long time collector and haven't done any work to either. I cannot guarantee that theses are in any way correct, but here's what's in mine:
Top left - 80
Left to right - 26, 26, 26, 27, 26, 71A
Top right - 71A

Hope this helps!
-Dave
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks for your help, Dave.
Much appreciated............

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_c on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:32 am

Hey thanks for the input guys, Dave I'm pretty sure you got the layout right as some of the tube placements I got online but not all of them and your layout seems to match. Also thx bill just those schematics are really never any use to me plus those I saw before and still didnt seem to have any layout for the tubes on them but thx:)

chris_c

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum