Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking House Modification

Go down

Talking House Modification Empty Talking House Modification

Post by Motorola man on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 am

I found a website discussing modication of Talking House AM transmitters, and they were addressing my only complaint about my TH. The bass response on these things are terrible! Mine sounded very "tinny" with absolutely NO bass. The solution is to replace C301 with a 1uf capacitor. I gave this a try and it made a HUGE difference. Not only did it improve the bass response, it improved the overall sound quality. I've read that the latest model has been factory modified, but if anyone has a slightly older (mine's a model 4.3) TH, I'd highly recommend doing this simple mod, you won't be dissapointed.
Dave
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Talking House Modification Empty Re: Talking House Modification

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks, Dave. Much appreciated for the tip. I don't have one of these, but, I'm sure others do.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4419
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:50 pm

I have a different brand name ( i. AM. Radio Transmitter Model 5.0 ) and I love this thing. The tuner has a small built in motor so at setup it will automatically search for an unused freqz and locks on to it. I turn all my old radios on in the house, set them to that station and stream 20's and 30's and 40's music. Great toy........
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum