Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting Grommets

Go down

Mounting Grommets Empty Mounting Grommets

Post by 75X11 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Did a bit of work on my 42-355 this afternoon and found the tuning capacitor rubber mounting grommets predictably in a bad way. I keep some of this http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=NBHH469_0395047511 along with other sizes to use for such replacements. This particular size is ideal for this purpose and being silicone rubber, will be resistant to the effects of heat. It is as easy as clearing out the old material, twisting the hose through the mounting hole, cutting it with a razor blade, inserting the ferrule, and tightening the fastener. The color isn't even too far off from the original. Thought I'd pass it on for those of you finding yourselves working in one of these superannuated rubber plantations. Smile
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Mounting Grommets Empty Re: Mounting Grommets

Post by Ragwire on Sat May 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Nice tip! I been using neoprene for cords and stuff, but only because it was inconvenient and expensive to order bunches of different sized silicone tubing from McMaster-Carr or Grainger.

cheers
Rob
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum