Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SW Reception

Go down

SW Reception Empty SW Reception

Post by sprman on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Been a bit bummed out on SW reception during the peak of sunspots, not much DX on hi freqs coming thru here.... Receptions been spotty here compaired to last peak of sunspots.. Have not heard much above 30MHZ or on 10 meters. Did hear a few stations on 2 meters that were out of state back in nov.2012.Sprman

sprman

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

SW Reception Empty Re: SW Reception

Post by pawpawhunt on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:24 am

Last week end was a good one for short wave but I can't here any good stations right now. I found a station that played blues and old time jazz, solid listening for about 2hrs. Nothing today though. I will keep trying. I sent them an E-mail to get there freqs. Will pass them along as soon as I recive an answer. Love them old tube radios!

pawpawhunt

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:59 am

Back in the 90s I use to listen to my Hallicrafters 38 all the time, I could find all kinds of stuff. Since I got back into radios in the last few years I can't seem to find anything. I mainly find internet stations then transmit them. Is there good listings online of stations you can pick up with just a 38 type receiver?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:21 am

CB radio skip is dying too. We are getting toward the low of the cycle now.
Ragwire
Ragwire

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale H. Cook on Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 pm

willy3486 wrote:Since I got back into radios in the last few years I can't seem to find anything.
Many nations have entirely abandoned shortwave broadcasting. Most of what is now on the air is religious or from totalitarian nations.

willy3486 wrote:Is there good listings online of stations you can pick up with just a 38 type receiver?
The antenna is more critical than the receiver.

There are still a number of sites with shortwave listings. I generally use DX Zone:

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Shortwave_Radio/Schedules/
Dale H. Cook
Dale H. Cook

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum