Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite station to listen to?

+4
Doug K.
The Fierce Rabbit
Resistance is Futile
Oldsmobile Man
8 posters

Go down

What is your favourite station to listen to? Empty What is your favourite station to listen to?

Post by Oldsmobile Man Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:23 pm

What is your favourite station to listen to?
Oldsmobile Man
Oldsmobile Man

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite station to listen to? Empty Re: What is your favourite station to listen to?

Post by Resistance is Futile Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 pm

I try to listen to BBC but its getting harder, since broadcasts are giving way to web broadcasts. I always tune in WWV for time as I have clocks that I try fixing and regulate to the time.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 913

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite station to listen to? Empty Re: What is your favourite station to listen to?

Post by Oldsmobile Man Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Glad to see some more posts... What star trek do you watch? I like the one with captain janeway... Voyager
Oldsmobile Man
Oldsmobile Man

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fierce Rabbit Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:04 am

Hi gang!
I like to listen to CHWO in Toronto (AM740). The play the the old time music (78 RPM) some nights and
then the oldies on other nights. They come in well during the daytime too.

Shortwave is just about dead for me. Nothing good there anymore for the most part. I sure miss the cold
war days. Back then everyone had quality programming there.

Anyway, it is nice to be here. I'm almost to the age where it is nice to be anywhere. Laughing

Dave - N2DS
The Fierce Rabbit
The Fierce Rabbit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:32 am

Oldsmobile Man wrote:Glad to see some more posts... What star trek do you watch? I like the one with captain janeway... Voyager

Yes the later ones, but the original startrek got off following real live possibilty scenerious , and then went to goofy, some times. I even watched Flash Gorden as a kid and always liked space programs.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug K. Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 pm

I like to listen to CHML @ 900 AM when they play OTR late night somewhere between 10 PM to midnight depending on the day of the week.
http://900chml.com/Station/shedMon.aspx
Doug K.
Doug K.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by krystallo Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:11 am

Hey. One of my favorites is Radio Rebelde, Cuba on 5025 Kc. But ONLY when they are playing music.

K

krystallo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

i used to like to listen to Caribbean Beacon, on 9725kc.--Dr. Gene Scott was anything but boring; albeit possibly somewhat eccentric--when he did his studies on "strange phenomena", "the unexplained", and various "early (supposedly prehistoric) civilizations", he could be quite captivating; although best received with a large supply of salt<smile>

tallboy

tallboy

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by exray Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Hey, another Gene Scott fan! I used to listen to him regularly because the Beacon reached here on 690 and 1610 plus I lived in Anguilla when they were acquiring the station. Lots of people (not me) met Old Gene in person...and they don't speak very favourably of his, ahem, "social skills".
You can download the old episodes on his website...the pyramid math always brings a smile to my face.
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi EXRAY

sorry haven't answered sooner--XYL and i took a 4 day midweek holiday and rented a cabin in the woods-
lots of sitting, hiking, bird watching, tea and coffee drinking etc..absolutely no computer(or much else that is recent except the old grundig G-5, which failed me on this trip)--got it worked out with rat shack now, and a new one will be forthcoming--truly i believe grundig has gone down the tubes dependability wise--

never met ole Gene, but always listened to him--can't even say i really liked him, but always listened at 0300 to 0500 local time, before i went off to work--like i say; a GREAT DEAL of salt required<grin>--BUT no one can truthfully say he wasn't interesting--
i could judge his lack of social skill just by listening to him--he was never too kind to his technical crew--had i had the misfortune to have been in his employ, i suspect i would have gotten my pink slip rather quickly<SMILE>

it's sad that there is such a lack of SWBC fare of late--what is there, is really stripped of every aspect of interest---having said that; if anyone can direct me to some good listening, please do so--

ok--back in my cave--gotta rest up from my rest--

tallboy

tallboy

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:57 pm

I enjoy looking for stations that are the only ones on a given freq such as WOAI San Antonio at 1200 KHz. A "clear channel " station to be used in an emergency. However, lots of QRM here in Denver. ( short, strait ant 15 ft above gnd, 90 deg to pwr/tel/cable ). Am about to build another long wire w/ 2 legs ant, somewhat like a ballanced line, and a vert coiled one. OT

oldtimer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum