Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R-390A tips for getting them going

2 posters

Go down

R-390A tips for getting them going Empty R-390A tips for getting them going

Post by LarryC Thu May 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have added a section to my website showing some useful ideas submitted by others over the years for getting this classis receiver running again. I don't claim credit for any of it. It's public info free for all to use, with no guarantees.

http://home.earthlink.net/~chestnutl/Helptipspage1.html

I am adding photos showing the work done. Smile
This section will definitely be growing larger as time goes by.
Also while your there take a look at the whole website Very Happy
LarryC
LarryC

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

R-390A tips for getting them going Empty Re: R-390A tips for getting them going

Post by Uffda Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 pm

Nice site Larry. Those big clear photos really help make things understandable. I wish someone would do a detailed pics and info for an SP-400X too.
I don't have a 390 but hope to someday get a 392 since I like the looks much better.I see that you have both. I have always wondered how much of
the innards are shared? Any major components interchangeable?

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by LarryC Fri May 30, 2008 12:27 am

No parts are shared lol. The 392 is more like a smaller version of a 390 than a 390A, since there are no mechanical filters in a 392. The info I'm putting up will get refined as time goes by. I'd get a 390 or 390A if I was you, they are really much better performers than a 392 and easier to set up. The 392 is no slouch, but it doesn't have all the features of its bigger brothers. Very Happy
I don't have an SP-400 but I have an SP-600 and a BC-779 which is like the SP-200.
LarryC
LarryC

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Uffda Fri May 30, 2008 12:56 am

Thanks Jim, I had heard somewhere that the 392 was virtually the same, but it sure didn't look like it had room for the same big dog
goodies.

I don't need the best performer. There are plenty of sets that are good enough for me. It just has to make me go OOOH when I look
at it. Of course I'm kinda fickle too. My R-388 made me want to lick it when I got it, but I'd dump it in a second for a R-274. Fortunately
the up side of divorce is that I can cat around with as many as will fit in the house.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum