Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for needles for 78 adapter?

4 posters

Go down

looking for needles for 78 adapter? Empty looking for needles for 78 adapter?

Post by Bluevelvetsea Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 am

Hi,
I am new to this forum and only just came in to possession of an Edison diamond disc player. Your forum has been very helpful. apparently we were lucky to have a 78 adapter with our player after reading through your site we discovered that we are only supposed to use the steel needles once or we would risk damaging our records. forgive me if this is a silly question but we are newbies where can i get these needles and is there a longer lasting alternative to the steel needles that would work with the adapter and not damage? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blue

Bluevelvetsea

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

looking for needles for 78 adapter? Empty Re: looking for needles for 78 adapter?

Post by Resistance is Futile Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:11 pm

What kind of adapter is it?
There are Audiophool forums and Record and phonograph collectors forums also on the Web, Bill Cahil the Admin of this forum is pretty knowledgeable on such maters. So he and others are too.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

looking for needles for 78 adapter? Empty Re: looking for needles for 78 adapter?

Post by Bill Cahill Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:06 am

Hi. If you are looking for better needles there is someone on ebay who sells saphire needles for 9.95 that I've been buying. They work very well, and, I've bought them for the last two years. I'll bo look for the ebay link.
This "adaptor", I take it, uses a straight steel needle that is held in with a set screw in front??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350479658224?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4432

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Bill, you should know what these adaptors are since you have a couple diamond disk machines. It uses a victrola style reproducer hooked to a fitting that slides into the fitting where the diamond disk reproducer would normally go. The most popular adaptor was made by kent. The adaptors use standard victrola steel needles.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:23 pm

So? The needle should work fine.
It is for 78's.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4432

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum