Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCA R-100 repaired and working once more

3 posters

Go down

RCA R-100 repaired and working once more Empty RCA R-100 repaired and working once more

Post by fixinmyphono Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Got her going today.From 1939 and it was featured as an accessory to the TV rca had at the New York worlds fair that year. Many thanks to Antiqueradiobuff for the tonearm and some grommets to get the turntable going once more! Here's a video of it in action... Doug

fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

RCA R-100 repaired and working once more Empty Re: RCA R-100 repaired and working once more

Post by stringbender31 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:45 am

Sounds good! Glad to hear it is once again making music Smile
stringbender31
stringbender31

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Back to top Go down

RCA R-100 repaired and working once more Empty Re: RCA R-100 repaired and working once more

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Very nice sound for a 78. Good work!

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks guys.It was a labor of love to be sure. Workin on a RCA 45-Ey-2 All day for My Sister for Christmas.It has the Rp-190 turntable in it.It's currently undergoing the twelve record test as I type this(laughing).Working great so far .Ill post more about it on a different post soon ....Doug
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Great job and it sounds good too!

Back to top Go down

Post by RingandSpring Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:02 am

I know this is an old post, but I'm in the middle of restoring a beautiful R-100, myself. The only piece I'm missing is probably the one that gets lost the most: The spindle cap. Does Fixinmyphono, or anyone else, have any idea where I might find one of those?? Usually, the original owners pull the cap and turntable off in hopes of lubing the little machine back to life, then give up and toss the whole thing in the garage for decades (without the cap, of course). Also, if anyone has one to sell, feel free to let me know.
Thanks!!
-Jim

RingandSpring

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Mines missing too! I just used some heat shrink tubing to bridge the gap between the spindle and record hole for now.... Idea
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum