Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Propagation at Boston

2 posters

Go down

Propagation at Boston Empty Propagation at Boston

Post by krystallo Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:49 am

Hey All,
My propagation is STILL not that great. Things are hit and miss, some good stuff pops up, but not TOO much.

I did grab ZIZ St Kitts on 555 Kc not too long ago. They are fairly rare here.

Longwave Bcasts are a mixed bag. Some of the the usual suspects have shown up at time but not a huge deal.

Shortwave not TOO bad, but no big finds there either.

Anyone else?

K

krystallo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Propagation at Boston Empty Re: Propagation at Boston

Post by exray Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 pm

I was surprised last night to be hearing several stations STRONG on the 16m band...on my 2-tube regen homebrew! At 8:30PM local time! Cndx are pretty bad but apparently not terribly bad.

-Bill
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by krystallo Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Hey Bill. You must have a better ionosphere than I do (ha, ha).

One thing I did sort of notice at times over the last few weeks was an opposite effect.
During the afternoon 16 through FOURTY NINE (!) meters had some decent stuff (in various amounts). Nothing is really packed tight ,but that's a BIG spread of useable frequencies.Not much on 13M here.

At night over the last few months a lot of it shuts down though . 25M may have "some" stuff, but things really don't even BEGIN to really jump until 31M. The only really GOOD bands here have been 40M and 49M.

Decent nighttime 10 Mhz WWV's, even LATE at night, have been RARE this winter. I MIGHT have had ONE mediocre CB skip opening in the last 9 months .

FWIW WWVB was up pretty good last night on 60 Kc.

I think the Bcast band is limping through with a fair amount of S3 to S5 Dx that I often just can't pull out of the local noise. A lot of times if it's not S7 or even S9,I'm hurtin'.

de K

krystallo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum