Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 pm

While I agree with everyone about the actions of the younger generation when it come to technology, I don't blame the technology alone.

I'm sure everyone here uses credit cards, I remember when they were damned too. Credit cards do get some people into trouble but used properly they can keep you out of trouble. I'm sure most of you were raised the same way I was, which is to show respect and be curteous. The younger generation is not getting this due to both parents working for material gain, to purchase the very technology we're complaining about. Imagine if we gave our kids automobiles the same way we give them phones and computers,..... which out instruction. What a mess we would have then. The problem with using something like facebook is everyone jumps right into the "fun" without knowing the consequences of their actions. I have family members who run to the computer to tell the world what they are doing now, what a waste! People take pictures of their dinner and post it! What's that all about. I had a family member tell the whole world my Dad was in the hospitol and when we would all be there! Just great, now anyone can rob his home! Doesn't anyone think anymore?

Facebook can be a good thing but too many people on facebook make it a bad thing by not thinking before they post something.

Never tell people you are going on vacation, but it's OK to post some pictures when you are back home.

Speaking of pictures, never post pictures taken with a cell phone. The picture will contain GPS information putting anyone and anything at risk by exposing the location.

One last one, keep your pathetic life to yourself, no one wants to see a picture of what you had for dinner or cares when you last farted!
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 pm

It's overused, this technology... plain & simple.

Kept in moderation, anything is healthy - but as can be seen, people let themselves get drowned in it.
And... it just looks plain stupid to people like me.
Hordes of people roaming the streets and stores, one hand clutching that damn cellphone like it's a popsicle or candy.... god forbid they miss a "text" or something!
Don't these people see how nutty they appear?

And the annoyance of it all - ringng cellphones and loud conversations in public places, movie theaters.... etc.

Madness! Evil or Very Mad

repairtech

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 pm

It used to be that if you walked down the street and heard someone talking out loud to themselves they were crazy. Now they're obsessed, which is still crazy. geek
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 am

terrydec wrote:It used to be that if you walked down the street and heard someone talking out loud to themselves they were crazy. Now they're obsessed, which is still crazy. geek

Exactly!

repairtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 pm

I think a cell phone is a real handy thing ...however as mentioned already it gets out of hand . The other day a customer came into my store walking all around goking at her phone , pushing on it endlessly ''bleep bleep bleep'' later she started a conversation with me asking for help about something . I was giving her the info she asked for and right in the middle she answered her phone and stayed on it about personal stuff for about 10 minutes .
After she got done she ashed me to continue with my help/answers . I simply told her ''i forgot'' and kept on working .

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Ken that was just plain rude on her part and I'm glad you responded to her the way you did.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:00 pm

My favorite is riding the bus while some lady in back is sharing her sex life at the top of her voice.
Yuck! confused

terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:36 am

Ken g wrote:I think a cell phone is a real handy thing ...however as mentioned already it gets out of hand . The other day a customer came into my store walking all around goking at her phone , pushing on it endlessly ''bleep bleep bleep'' later she started a conversation with me asking for help about something . I was giving her the info she asked for and right in the middle she answered her phone and stayed on it about personal stuff for about 10 minutes .
After she got done she ashed me to continue with my help/answers . I simply told her ''i forgot'' and kept on working .

THAT!........ is SO frikkin' RUDE!
Oh I HATE that crap!
I strictly ignore a customer if they pull that crap with me in the shop.
If they can't put away the damn phone and respectfully speak only with me, oh well.

repairtech

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:53 pm

I agree with Terrydec, if someone I know wants to communicate with me, there is e-mail. Social activities I can get on radio forums via PM if I wish. Have a couple god daughters on Facebook and always stuff coming for my wife. Most of the postings are "what I had for lunch or going to a baseball game". Also, the addition of even more "friends" I don't even know. If I want to get chatty, I will pick up the phone and not involve 75 other people I don't care about on facebook.
Jerry

Also, Ken, I have a cell phone and don't turn it on unless I want to make a call either long distance or "on the road". The only person that has my number is my wife. You would be amazed at how long a battery charge lasts!

Last edited by jerryhawthorne on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add another comment)

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

terrydec wrote:My favorite is riding the bus while some lady in back is sharing her sex life at the top of her voice.
Yuck! confused

I may be "old school"...but any woman who does that is no lady Exclamation Mad Maybe she was soliciting? Was she wearing a miniskirt and fishnet stockings? affraid
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:53 pm

You ought to get exposed to the conversations they have down here. (I don't say listen, because it is like "listening" for the noise standing next to an idling jet engine!) The language they use would have made Richard Pryors' hair turn white. All the time they do this they do the zombie walk and one has to walk a 15 foot distance around them to avoid hitting them when walking. The technology is but a tool and is as good or bad as those who use it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum