Tube Radio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VM Missing Turntable Bearings

Go down

VM Missing Turntable Bearings Empty VM Missing Turntable Bearings

Post by Doug Burskey Thu May 03, 2012 12:42 am

Two years ago I was working VM classroom record player.I pulled the turntable off to replace the idler ordered a replacement from Gary Stork and what ever service information he had for it.Upon studing the parts list I noticed that there should be a bearing washer ball bearing and another bearing washer over the spindle,that the turntable sat on.While the turntable was off I thought I would clean and relube the ball bearing,but the bearing was not there just some more washers to take the place of the ball bearing that some service tech lost.This evening I started on Zenith portable stereo record player with a VM changer and that bearing was missing too with only one bearing washer in its place! And I know I did not loose those parts,they would have been on my bench.

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

VM Missing Turntable Bearings Empty Re: VM Missing Turntable Bearings

Post by mr_ed01 Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 pm

They may be able to help you here: http://thevoiceofmusic.com/

mr_ed01

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey Tue May 08, 2012 12:29 am

Yes, I have used thevoiceofmusic.com to get parts for the VM classroom record player.It is strange I get two VM record changers both with that turntable ball bearing missing!

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum