Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferrite Loopsticks

Go down

Ferrite Loopsticks Empty Ferrite Loopsticks

Post by Brig on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 pm

I posted this question to another antique radio forum site but did not receive much help. Maybe I can do better here! How does one choose a ferrite loopstick tlo replace a loop antenna? Is there a "universal" loopstick replacement for just about any 5-tube AC-DC receiver? I've seen directions for making your own loop antenna, which one responder at the other site suggested, but I'm not interested in that project and would prefer replacing a bad or missing loop antenna with a ferrite loopstick as is recommended in a couple of radio repair texts I refer to.

Brig

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

Ferrite Loopsticks Empty Re: Ferrite Loopsticks

Post by Motorola man on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Check tubesandmore.com, they carry two ferrite style antennas & they're only about $3.00.
Dave
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoastjohn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:08 pm

I have a mid 50's plastic Philco that brings in AM OK with a ferrite rod I salvaged out of some newer model transistored radio. So I chose what I had and it worked. I don't know the science involved, but I'm sure impedance matching is important for best performance.

westcoastjohn

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum