Newbie here!! Any help would be appreciated :)

Go down

Newbie here!! Any help would be appreciated :)

Post by chuck7 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:24 am

I recently picked up an older Scott 710 television and model 510 radio with a phonograph. I think it's a webster-chicago model 100. First let me say that I know absolutely nothing about new electronics much less the 70 yr old ones.
The cabinet caught my attention and it was in great condition. It has tubes in back ...and I have yet to plug it in for fear that I may blow something. I do not live very close to a service center that deals with the older items. I would love to restore it to original condition. It came with all the manuals and looks very well taken care of. It has a huge 2 way speaker just under the radio.
Long story short ...was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if this thing is a rare find and if it would be worth me sinking money into it. I liked the cabinet so much , that even if the components don't work, I'll probably scrap them and use the cabinet as a piece of furniture or something.
Any advice would be appreciated so much or anything you may know about this model. It came with all thesde old books on how to repair your television, but i got a feeling I'm not gonna be able to just use that to repair of fix it.
Thanks
Chuck

chuck7

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie here!! Any help would be appreciated :)

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Where are you located?
While this may not be a highly valuable set, it is certainly rare, and, worth restoring. I highly reccommend that you do not plug it in until it has been proffessionally restored.
I'd also highly reccommend against stripping it.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4594
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down