Give me some direction

Go down

Give me some direction Empty Give me some direction

Post by pete1729 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:01 am

I'm looking to bring a tube radio to my job site. I'll need something with FM. I'm not looking to bring a KLH model 8 to work, although if I could, I would. Likewise I don't think I'm likely to put a nice lacquered european radio into service. Are there any standout but affordable vintage tube radios that might come to mind? From what I've seen, the Zenith K730/731 looks like a candidate what with it's AFC and reasonably sized speaker.

I'm the sort of carpenter that listens to jazz and classical music at work. The unit wont be bounced around. It would be nice to have a way to run an Ipod into it, should I ever get one. I'm not an experienced solder slinger, but I'm not afraid of swapping out a few capacitors. I'm not averse to building a new case with a new speaker arrangement in it either.

Anyone have any suggestions about where to start?

pete1729

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Back to top Go down

Give me some direction Empty Re: Give me some direction

Post by sprman on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Lot of Zeniths out there to be had a good prices.Restore it then use it! There are many other sets like RCA and others.Look on Ebay to get a feel on prices.Best place to get one is at a radio club meet.. They will help you get the right one...Sprman : )

sprman

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum