Notice when Selling to overseas customers

Go down

Notice when Selling to overseas customers Empty Notice when Selling to overseas customers

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Just be Aware if you send items overseas, the prices may astound you.
I just had an inquiry for a set of books I am selling. The requester is in Italy.
If it weighs over 12 oz. then you have to fill out a customs form.

My books weighed in at 6 1/2# and the shipping cost alone is $ 56 not including the price of the sale. Crying or Very sad
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Notice when Selling to overseas customers Empty Re: Notice when Selling to overseas customers

Post by denver on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Yea found that . Was going to send a few records to a fellow member in pakistan. WOW! $ 60.00 could not see it.
affraid
denver
denver

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Notice when Selling to overseas customers Empty Re: Notice when Selling to overseas customers

Post by radiodoc3 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Overseas shipping is expensive but people still seem to be willing to pay the cost. The customs forms are easy to fill out and the difference is that the under 12 oz use the "short form". Unfortunately there's no way for the buyer to track where the item is, once it's been shipped, with the "short form". With the long form the customer can enter the CP# and find out exactly were the package is.

radiodoc3

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fifties on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I've sent two radio purchases to Italy from eBay sales.

In both instances they blamed Italian customs for pretty well destroying the contents -allegedly due to insufficient packaging on my part. I gave partial refunds to each, to avoid the hassle and negative F/B potential.

Needless to say, I do not ship to Italy anymore. I've never had a problem with any other western European country, Canada, or Japan.
fifties
fifties

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Notice when Selling to overseas customers Empty Shipping to UK

Post by Lee on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Not only expensive, but slow if you use surface mail. I shipped a radio from BC to the UK by surface mail. After 60 days I got an email "where is my radio" my heart sunk. Today (2 and 1/2 months later) he received it. Needless to say I was relieved, but amazed.

Lee

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum