any other forums

Go down

any other forums Empty any other forums

Post by denver on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Anybody belong to any other forums? Besides radio related. I belong to a carpentry , plumbing , and a truck forum.
My forte is carpentry & automotive. But radios lot of fun. cheers Just trying to keep this place a jumping my favorite forum. bounce Going to have to buy me some more radios with lots problems. Rolling Eyes
denver
denver

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

any other forums Empty Re: any other forums

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:29 am

I belong to two antique phonograph forums for windup machines. One of them is strictly for Edison.
I collect phonographs, and, restore them.
I don't have many at the moment, but, everyone I've restored, or, repaired.
My cylinder players follow:
All are Edison made......

Model B "Home". Early style with banner decal on front.
2 minuite. Early C repeoducer with mica diaphram.
Excellent pin striping.
I had rebuilt reproducer, replaced belt, replaced cracked 19 tooth gear in motor, and, refinnished case.
Later model B "Home".2, 4 min. When I got this machine is was a bottom case full of wrecked parts. It was highly rusted, as well.
I have totally re done the machine, including an excellent bed plate, bottom boards, lid, motor, replacement conversion kit, bearings, both reproducers, a carriage brush, and, lately, an Edison No.10 Cygnet horn, original nickel elbow to reproducer, rubber connector, repeo crane, and, original cygnet bracket. It's my best machine in outside horn machines.
Model B "Standard". Was originally highly rusted. Was a 2 min.The dealer in Orlando I bought it from for a junker said original owner's husband found it in the barn a few weeks before. He thought it was junk, and, started smashing it up with a sledge hammer. She stopped him after he had destroyed the lid, and, broken some other parts. Case bears scars of the sledge hammer.
I replaced the bed plate, cleanned it, lubricated, replaced upper highly rusted parts, converted it to 2, 4 min., got C, and, H reproducers on it, saved the original carriage, carriage brush, motor, crank, and, believe it, or, not, it still has original leather belt. Belt shows its' age, but, is working flawlessly. I put an original Edison front mount crane on it, replaced lid, which had been thrown away, and, picked up an original black Standard horn for it. Machine plays like a champ.

Edison "Fireside" model A. This was a bed plate, carriage, rod, feed screw, and, nothing else in a reproduction case.
I had to do alot on this one.
I now have it in an original case, but, haven't found a lid, yet.
I got a repro crane, all original parts, including to replace missing motor, crank, K reproducer, which I'm presently working on, and, original Fireside horn.
It's not perfect, but, it is playing.

Amberola 3. Inside horn. When I got it, I had to replace chipped diamond needle, and, re build reproducer.
One original bed plate mounting bracket was missing, and, machine was jurry rigged together.
It's the oak case machine, so, it's even rarer. Someone had cut the legs off long ago...
Was missing the original auto shut off assembly, as well. I got a reproduction one for it.
Here's the shocker. This was a Florida machine, bought locally.
I had also over the years long before bought a bos of junk electronic parts. I was surprised to find what looked like an original Edison part with resistors, and, capacitors.
I re found that bracket several months ago.
After much ado, I found it was the original missing part from this machine, and, have it back in.
I love saving these fine pieces of history, and, enjoy playing them, as well.
Enough rambling.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks bill keep on keepin on.
denver
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:25 am

I am on 3 radio forums and 3 car racing forums..Tho am looking at airplane and train forums...Sprman : )

sprman

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 am

Only thing bad about these forums. Time , get on one where did time go . On the truck forum , avg. 50 post a day. Going to just stick with these no more.
denver
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm active on Hogville, a message board for Univ. of Arkansas sports enthusiasts.

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketeer on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:15 am

3 radio forums.
2 military vehicle forums
2 vintage jeep forums
1 satellite dish forum
1 avs forum
2 vintage tools forum

Whew! study

Larry
rocketeer
rocketeer

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by panchro-press on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:03 pm

I frequently check in on three photography forums; all of which concentrate on film photography.

Dave

panchro-press

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Everyone must of jumped ship. Well Rolling Eyes anybody somebody. Laughing
denver
denver