I Bought a Mini Van

Go down

I Bought a Mini Van  Empty I Bought a Mini Van

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 pm

I've been wanting a minivan in case I run into a console radio/record player combination somewhere that I've just got to have. I found a one owner 2003 Chevy Venture Minivan that is loaded with every power option there is...including power sliding doors. It has removable seats, and I may take out the second row of seats right where the sliding doors are to haul larger items. I've had to turn down getting several RCA sets in the past simply because I couldn't get them in the backseat of my Chevy 4 door Cavalier. Now, with this minivan, I'll be able to haul such large items as console radio-record players. And, if it rains, they won't get wet during transit.

I've even been having to call for FedEx pickups at my house because even the consolette RCA's, once boxed up properly, won't go in my car either. Now I'll look about like this guy here:

I Bought a Mini Van  035-7-1

Back to top Go down

I Bought a Mini Van  Empty Re: I Bought a Mini Van

Post by denver on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:57 am

After i got married we got a mini van. I have always had a truck . But a mini van is a truck with a top and heat in the cargo area. You will enjoy it.

Very Happy
denver
denver

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Is also good for hauling if its calling for rain. Definately better than a pick-up truck.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Yes I agree with tony V cause pickups are Great with a cap over the bed but seems to be more room in a van hight wise
antiqueradiobuff
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terry h on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:28 am

Hi, A van is good for many things. They seem to go through a natural progression over time however, at least with us.
Seats get removed one at a time, never to be reinstalled. Things collect in the open space. Packing materials, radios without homes, and perhaps a mouse or two.

Buy another van, (keep the old one) and the cycle repeats. We have 4 vans now. Not bragging.
The 70s Ford is now the mobile tool and air compressor van.
The 85 Chev. van still hauls big delicate stuff when needed but is mostly is just a packing box holder.
The above are full sized vans.
We have a couple of newer mini-vans that we drive with regularity. They have been shedding seats of late.
Uh-Oh. Shocked

terry h

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Ski on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 pm

The wife and i have had Chrysler van the last few years. I love them. The stow and go is fantastic. No need to remove those heavy seats. When you have all the seats down you can carry a 4 x 8 sheet of drywall in them and not have to worry about rain. Remove the center console and you can put ten foot long 2 X 4s in there. Try any of that with a pick up. Only draw back is that they are not very good at hauling dirt or gravel
Stan Ski

Stan Ski

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:37 am

I can see what you guys are saying about removing seats. Behind the driver and front passenger seats, the second row on my minivan has three individual seats, all removable, and behind that is a full bench seat, removable also. I'm torn between the idea of removing some of them or just leaving them all there. All four of the back seats fold down, so I might just be able to haul a console radio/phonograph on its back without having to remove any of the seats. Just put an old quilt over the folded down seats to keep from scratching anything.

I've got to have an action plan in place in case I run into a 50s vintage piece somewhere that I just can't live without... particularly if I'm quite a ways from home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am

I sold my little Cavalier, so the mini van is my only vehicle. It sure is a sweet ride.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down