Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world.

Go down

Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world. Empty Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world.

Post by denver on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Nights are starting to get a little cool here in VA. Leafs are still full but you can tell it is on the way.
I dread Winter . But it is part of the whole scheme of things. At least we can chat , and work on old radios say what.
Be nice if it stayed green all year. I planted a bunch of ever greens around my place so i can see a little green in old Winter.
Sad Wink
denver
denver

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world. Empty Re: Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world.

Post by Resistance is Futile on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:26 pm

The leaves are falling here. We were just warned that we may have a very severe winter here due to la-nina.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world. Empty Re: Are the tree,s turning in your part of the world.

Post by ve1arn on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:15 am

Hi all,

Things are slowly changing colors. We've had a lot of leaf loss the last couple of weeks due to winds though. Hurricane Earl took quite a few off as a starter.

While we've had a few cool days, the majority of days have been too warm and humid. AT 6 AM when I got up, it was 23 degrees C. That's 73.4 F. for you folks south of the border. Seems warmer with the high humidity too.

But...... things will turn I am sure. I'll enjoy the weather while I can. Very Happy

Cheers, Bob
ve1arn
ve1arn

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes they are they started early due to how dry the summer was.Not much color here but east TNget great color..Sprman : )

sprman

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Wells on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 am

It's pretty early for us here in East Texas. Just now getting near the 40's at night. Usually it's more in November before we get any change. I am a dedicated leaf-peeper, so I make a pilgrimage to Arkansas in the fall to get my fix. This year, it looks like around the end of October I will be Ouachita bound, maybe the Ozarks. Dunno yet.

Tony Wells

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by krystallo on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:00 am

Hey All,
There have been splashes of color ( Aug/Sep "Judas"trees,particularly Maples) and now Red Swamp Maples.

But the main "wave" of color is still to our North.Kind of odd here at Boston, color some years seems to move EAST or even NORTHEAST.
The Western or Southwestern suburbs of Boston seem to go first and then Boston and it's immediate neighbors seem to "fill " later. Generally peak color here just before Halloween.

Color the seems to progress "normally" to the South , with RI and CT just after Halloween.

I always liked N. Cent MA. or S.NH color best.

Lots of rain and wind this OCT, so we'll see how things go over the next week or two.

K ,Boston MA

krystallo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mbird97x on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 am

We're still mowing here in FL
mbird97x
mbird97x

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeinkcmo on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Leaves are starting to turn, just noticed the Pin Oaks changing color. The Cottonwood's have been loosing leaves for a few days now. Don't like winter much, but just part of the deal.

mikeinkcmo

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

just starting to turn here
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou deGonzague on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:12 pm

We have been out the last couple days here in the Albany NY and over in Vermont in the Manchester area leaf peeking and I have to say it's not as good as past years here. We had a very dry summer here with a 7" rain deficit. Some good gold and amber colors but the reds seem to be missing.

Lou deGonzague

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lb5529 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 pm

The trees are really starting to turn color here, but Monday I witnessed something I never saw before.

The parking lot of the local “Shop and Save Grocery Store” has a row of several Bradford Pears. They all are beginning to turn red / yellow except for one tree. This lone individual is in full bloom. It’s strange as heck. It’s full of white blossoms, while at the same time it has new leaves coming out, fully formed fruit, mature green leaves, and a few mature leaves that are changing color.

I pointed this out to a local Horticulturist who said that, although it was unusual, it does happens from time to time when you have fluctuating temperatures such as we’ve had here in the St. Louis area recently.

I still thought it was more than unusual because in all of my 64 years, I have never seen anything like it before.

Hope I didn’t take the thread off course.

Leon

lb5529

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:11 pm

That would be wild to see. Really wild . Our leafs in Virginia
Are kind of ugly. Where it has been dry. Shocked
denver
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:57 pm

yes here in massachusetts they certinally are Very Happy
However this means Bitter cold weather and that dang white snow is on its way Sad On the other Hand its time to break out those winter projects and the happy Holiday season that is special. I Not talking about the Commercial Holdiay as we all know it But time for family friends and to Give Thanks to God for each and everyday & To Pray for our dearest Friends & family Who may need them Very Happy
antiqueradiobuff
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 pm

I HEARD THAT. Very Happy
denver
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum