Other Forum

Go down

Other Forum Empty Other Forum

Post by mikhail7 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 am

Can someone tell me just what the hell is wrong with some of the people on another antique radio forum? I won't dignify them by mentioning their name. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of 1st class fellas there; Ron Ramirez, John Goller, Sofaslug, (Bob), Don Cavey, Mr. Detrola, Y2K Bruce and many many others. Make no mistake, these guys and are top notch. No finer people anywhere. Give ya the shirt off their backs. But when I make a post over there I'm made to feel like unless I'm a big name in radio restoration, (I'm not, I'm a very raw noob), or a member of one of the coffee klatch "cliques", (I'm not), I just get totally ignored. Some radio fraternity.

I can't count the # of times I've been totally ignored. There's a thread on now about a great find, a Zenith 7-S-261, and everyone acts like wow, nobody's found one one of those for a while. Well, I have, I posted about it and I didn't get one word of acknowledgement. My cabinet is not in such nice condition as the one this lucky fella lucked into, but I love it. Also, I've made many sympathetic comments to those who are experiencing misfortune or ill health, but when I post that I've been in the hospital, (I may have to go back soon), with a MRSA infection, not one person made a single comment.

I have never run across a forum where so many people are so full of themselves that they don't seem to care about anyone else.

I don't post anymore and I sure as hell don't try to socialize over there anymore, it's a friggin' waste of time! You can't pay them to give a rat's posterior and I've just plain had it. Evil or Very Mad

Mike

mikhail7

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Other Forum Empty Re: Other Forum

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:17 am

I usually try to help the newbies myself, as I am just above their level. LOL

I post a lot of helpful links and the same thing happens. OH WELL, I'll still bug em till I gain the GRAND POHBAH Ignoramus status. Then I'll sneak in and elucidate, and give them my considerable experience, working for Tektronix, Estey Electronics, Military expertise, in calibration and repair of computers, naval electronics, College training, and when all else fails.......Humor.
Just to have fun.
Life isn't all puffery, some recognition of other people's problems and a sympathetic ear, helps too.

Just remember Most electronics persons are strange to start with. We usually are self centered and have a lot of scientific curiosity, WE ARE Scientist, with the likes of Einstein, Edison and ..............Murphy Suspect affraid pale cheers Rolling Eyes And we have studied soooo much we have no social skills at all. When I worked for The Military I talked to a sociologist and He pointed out the the other Shops and Codes all though we were stuck up. But that's Life.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:57 am

Are you talking about ARF?
I get some ignoring as well, but, the worst is the insults.
But, the best thing to do, I believe, is ignore the idiots, and, keep posting anyway. Someone will come along that is interested.
There are some great guys there, as well.
Also, don't quit here. You haven't been ignored here, and, won't be...

Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mikhail7 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Bill, Thanks. I've never felt ignored here. Yes, the insults "over there" are disgusting.

Well, I get to go back to the hospital again. If I don't come out alive, I love all you guys who have been kind to me. And if I do make it out alive, I'll be back here posting. Take care guys.

Mike

mikhail7

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:57 pm

I quit going to that other place. They can have it. Made a post one time caused a big mess what section it should be in. I thought the moderators were the hatfields & mcoys .
Fighting like a bunch cry babys. Sad
denver
denver

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Ahh well no matter what you do will not please them ..I just post away and ignore them.Most are nice and helpful i find.Sad a few bad apples has to ruin a good thing.Ihave had posts ignored but i just keep on posting ..Dont let a few get to you keep posting and stick around in there.Sprman

sprman

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mikhail7 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 pm

I agree, most over there are swell fellas. I'd do anything to help them out. Been off work over a month but I'm out of the hospital, finally cured, I hope! cyclops I'm not so grumpy now but I did tear the hospital staff a new backdoor trying to secure my release today.

Mike

mikhail7

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:57 pm

Glad too here your alright. Sometimes helps to be a little grumpy. Or people take advantage of you. Suspect
denver
denver

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Good deal you are out of there..Allways better to be at home!Sprman : )

sprman

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mikhail7 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks fellows. I knew you guys here, and on Philco Phorum, would be kind to me! Yes, I'm out of the air conditioning and into 92 degree humid weather but still always better to be home. And I agree, if i don't get grumpy sometimes, people do try to take advantage. I'll always have MRSA, but, if they treated me properly this 2nd. time it'll be dormant and I can function normally. I was very lucky; I'm told I could've lost my leg or even my life.

They say I can return to work immediately but since it's so hot & humid I may wait a couple days. I haven't had alcohol clown in over a month, a new record for me. Not that I drink heavily, just a couple brewskis on the weekends.

I really think a more petite forum, like tuberadio and Philco Phorum is much friendlier. I like it here very much, and on Philco Phorum, and if you fellows can stand me, I'd like to hang out here, and there.

Mike

mikhail7

Back to top Go down

Post by tube radio on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 pm

I agree I like this forum better than the other one.

W9IYB

tube radio

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mikhail7 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Yes, it has a very nice, cozy feel to it. I'd been away for quite a while because i couldn't figire out how to log in; something was preventing me. Some forums are like that, but it may be that I'd forgotten my password, or was using a slightly different, and hence incorrect form of it.

mikhail7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:19 am

Even us "fumble through it guy's" get respectful answers here.
Gordon
Gordon

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mikhail7 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Gordon, you're absolutely right. I'm one of the fumbliest of all. This forum means quite a lot to me. Smile

Mike

mikhail7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum